This is a commercial ad of ITV Rugby World Cup. This commercial was released in October 2011 in United Kingdom. Under the title of “ITV Rugby World Cup: Titles”.
Opening title sequence for ITV1’s coverage of the 2011 Rugby World Cup. The sequence is based around images created in ink – a reference to the native maori tattoos of New Zealand where the tournament is being held.
It was done by Jump Design & Direction, London advertising agency. And, this commercial was directed by Richard Norley and John McKenna.
He wawata ka rongohia
He onge, pono rā
Ngā iwi nō ngā tōpito
It’s the world in union
The world as one
As we climb to reach our destiny
A new age has begun
– 1991 Rugby World Cup (Jointly hosted by England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and France): Kiri Te Kanawa
– 1995 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by South Africa): Ladysmith Black Mambazo & PJ Powers
– 1999 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by Wales): Shirley Bassey & Bryn Terfel
– 2003 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by Australia): Colours of Sound
– 2007 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by France): All-star
– 2011 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by New Zealand): Hayley Westenra
– 2015 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by England): Laura Wright
– 2019 Rugby World Cup (Hosted by Japan): ?
ITV Rugby World Cup: Titles
Advertising Agency: Jump Design & Direction, London
Design & Art Direction: Lee Jacobs
Compositing: Russell Mann
Particle Simulations: Phil Webster and Play Nicely
Directors: Richard Norley, John McKenna
Music: World In Union (English / Maori) by Hayley Westenra